As a Small Business Owner, your time and and budgets are limited!
The best ways small businesses can use digital tools to market their business to new customers are:
- Develop a strong website with SEO optimization to increase visibility on search engines. Your website is the backbone of your online presence. It should:
- Loads fast
- Have information organized in a way that your customer understand
- Direct site visitors to a one or more specfic Calls to Action (CTA). A CTA could be a phone call or filling out a form, or making a purchase online
- Have robust analytics. Integrating Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Ads conversion tracking along with a Facebook Pixel will allow you to better understand how site visitors are reaching your website, what they are doing once they arrive and help in optimizing your Google and Facebook campaigns
- Utilize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to engage with your target audience. There are many ways to make your targeting precise. Use the demographic tools to pinpoint your exact customer type, whether it be age, profession, hobbies, location, or all of the above, you can improve your targeting thereby reducing wasted budget by focusing exactly on the customers you are looking to engage.
- Send targeted email campaigns to a subscriber list, but remember, you should not buy lists of potential customers. It is a best practice to only develop email blasts to customers and those that have visited your website and explicitly opted-in to receive marketing materials from your business.
- Implement pay-per-click advertising on platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads to reach a wider audience. Do not start campaigns without analytics in place on your website. If you can’t measure how effectively the campaigns are performing, you shouldn’t be running the campaign.
- Create valuable content such as blog articles, videos, and infographics to attract and educate potential customers. Adding relevant information about topics that interest your potential customers highlights your expertise while at the same time, provides search engines with new content aligned to the keywords that will bring customers to your website.
- Partner with influencers in the industry to reach a new audience. Influencers can generate traffic to your website. When deciding on a specific influencer or micro-influencer to work with, make sure that you are aligned with the influencer’s ideals, morals and overall persona. Associating with an influencer can tie your product to a personality, which can either positively or negatively change the perception of your brand for a long time.
If you have question s about digital marketing, schedule a free consultation with us by clicking the button in the lower right hand corner. We love helping small business owners navigate digital marketing!